I absolutely love toffee, especially almond chocolate toffee. With a few ingredients and some patience, you won’t regret making this easy and delicious treat.
- Heavy Bottom Sauce Pot
- Candy Thermometer
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tbs light corn syrup
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted chopped almonds
1.In a heavy bottom sauce pot on low heat, add butter, sugar, water and corn syrup, stir until combined. Attach thermometer to the sauce pot.
2. Cooking on low heat until mixture reaches 300*, it will be thick and the color will look like caramel.
3.Once mixture hits 300*, pour onto baking sheet. Sprinkle toasted almonds over mixture.
4.Let the toffee sit until it just begins to set. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let them melt.
5. When the chocolate chips are softened and melted, smooth over the toffee with a knife or spatula, until there is a nice layer. Top with toasted almonds.
6.Chill for an hour . Remove toffee from baking sheet and using a knife or your hands, break into chunks.
7.Place in metal tin or a zip lock.
***save the little pieces that broke off, they make tasty ice cream toppers.
To see the how to video click here